Hello 2017! I had such big plans for the last 2 weeks. I was going to get my house organized, make the kids clean their rooms, organize my work from home space, plan out and write a bunch of blog posts, and work on my etsy shop. What I did instead was 2 million loads of laundry, which you can't tell happened, washed 3 million loads of dishes, which you can slightly tell happened. I (Hannah) replaced my kitchen faucet and my bathroom faucet. We do have podcast topics planned out for the next several months but we have none recorded so there is that.
Today I start my new job, my work space is still a mess. My house hasn't recovered from having company and kids home for 2 weeks. I remembered last night that I was suppose to make gifts for 7 of Abbey's closest friends. It didn't happen. Today the girls go back to school, I have a band booster meeting and they both have rehearsals for the musical all of this happens at different times. Including their audition times.
I love the start of the new year. Its like I get a do over on all the things I didn't accomplish last year. I love how even though last year was just a couple of days ago, I get that symbolic new beginning. So with that. I am sharing my goals. I don't really like the words resolution I don't know why, I just never seem to accomplish anything when I call it a resolution.
1. To set goals. Last year I didn't set goals for myself like I have in the past and I could tell, even with work I felt like I was flying by the seat of my pants. I hate that feeling. I like having a plan. So the plan is to have this year long plan and also seasonal and monthly goals.
2. Continue to grow my etsy shop. I feel like the growth has been just right. I haven't been overwhelmed with orders and that makes me happy. But I want to step up my orders and be prepared to still offer good customer service. I'm not sure what this looks like, but I feel like I will know it when I see it.
3. Grow the podcast. We have the topics planned, We have so much room for growth in the production quality, we struggle so hard with recording. Sometimes we record and the files lock up, or are soundless, or just not there. I want to move past that. I also want to grow in followers. I really have no idea how to do that. This area is completely new to me.
4. Post more often. I hope to be posting 3 times a week.
5. Read/comment more. I binge read at the moment.
6. Wear makeup more often. I don't know how I got into the habit of never wearing makeup and wearing my hair in a bun/ponytail all the time but I have. I really want to stop this.
7. Drink more water. Since I currently drink none I have so much room to improve.
8. De-clutter. I don't think I can ever truly be a minimalist although I am loving the tiny house shows and think that would be awesome once the girls have moved out. So scaling down is something I really want to do.
9. Get back into Pilates or some other form of exercise. I've woken up everyday for the last week with a headache. I feel sluggish and general unhealthy. The scale says I haven't really gained any so its just a lack of movement (I think)
10. Not spend New Years Eve alone.