Remember several months ago when I set summer goals for myself? Well I actually remembered the deadline. I think it helped to pick my moms birthday as the end date and my sisters (today!) as the report back date. I only set 5 goals for myself, lets see how well I did.
1. Blog more. Nope, nope, nope. I am averaging one post a week. I really just have a lot on my plate right now. Everyday this week I have been away from home 12 hours. Its Marching Band season for us, and if you are a former band member you know how busy you stay. What has really hit us is that our props for the show couldn't be finished by the people who were going to do it. A local business offered to do them for 1500. When I was asked my opinion (I'm an officer) I just couldn't agree to that. We have kids that still need horns (for concert) that just seemed like a better way to spend money. So I came up with an idea and agreed to work on the props myself. I've done that everyday after work. I'm hoping we will be done tomorrow.
2. Read/Comment more. I am not great at this either, I am trying to be better. I usually manage to comment a bunch in one day. I am hoping this improves when I get my life more organized. Which I am working on and will hopefully be a post soon.
3. Finish building a fence. Guys I worked my ass off on this and did successfully build this. I have decided next Spring I am going to build myself a deck. I am that confident in my skills now.
4. Walk. I actually did this. I can't believe I did it, but I did manage to walk 60 miles.
5. Set a budget Nope. Didn't do this either.
So really I only fully accomplished 2 out of 5. That's pretty crappy percentage.
So Lets set some Fall goals. I think the end date for these goals will be December 1.
1. Set a budget- Lets try this again
2. Work on organization- my organization hasn't improved from the last post. I still can't find shit.
3. Paint a room- I have several things that need painted and I know that I will not be able to get it all done, but I think I can accomplish a room.
4. Etsy/Shirts-I've been doing stuff for my friends and family and kinda half hearted with etsy, but I think I am going to focus on it more strongly.
5. Concentrate more on blogging-Actual posting and commenting more. I am hoping this goes hand and hand with the getting more organized. I don't feel like I am using my time wisely.