Today's confession really isn't a confession, because I've mentioned it before. I live in the 9th worst state to live in. This according to CNBC. I don't believe it. Yeah we do have lung issues from the number of smokers we have. But Tobacco is our number 1 legal cash crop. But we have a lot more going for us. Not everyone is miserable and ready to escape at a moments notice. I'm going to share 9 things that I think makes Kentucky Awesome and makes me want to stay.
1. Its Horse Capital of the world. Home to the Kentucky Derby. If you like horses you'll love Kentucky. Most of the people you meet have at least one horse. Not me though, Emmy is seriously allergic. You should really check out the source of this picture. He has tons of beautiful pictures of KY.
2. Its absolutely beautiful. Ok I may be prejudice here, but Autumn and Spring is breathtaking. Winter when the snow hits the trees isn't bad either. Although, that leads to horrible road conditions. Summer kinda sucks though because it is hot and humid.
3. We churn out a lot of Country artists. Loretta Lynn and Crystal Gayle were born and raised not a mile from my house, when I was in elementary school. A guy I went to school with, Chris Stapleton, has written songs for Adele, Tim McGraw, Brad Paisley and Dierks Bentley, Luke Bryan. I can't sing, but apparently there is some serious talent in these hills.
4. As much as it pains me to mention, Its home to 8 time national champions The University of Kentucky Basketball. Its also home to The UK Cheerleaders who also hold national titles, 20 to be exact. Lets not forget my favorite the Morehead State Cheerleaders. The Coed squad has 23 national titles and the all girls have 8. OK a side note. I had class with a male cheerleader named Sean. First day of class he said Hi I'm Sean I'm a cheerleader.....on the Coed Squad. I was like hmmmmm you don't say. I was wondering which squad.
5. We have a castle.
7. "Kentucky has more miles of running water than any other state except Alaska"
8. 95% of all Bourbon is produced here.
9. Kentucky Fried Chicken. It really is finger lickin' good.