In 2000 I was about to give birth to my first born. What changes would I make? I would have moved out of our cramped lil apartment and find something with some room. I have often thought that her allergies and asthma came from that apartment and the constant spraying of "bug spray" by the maintenance staff. I would have found a way to have opened my own child care center. It would have been good for Abbey in the long run to have had kids her own age to play with.
I don't think I would have been so quick to move to a bigger city as that marks the moment when my marriage started crumbling. I would love the chance to go back and tell myself that I NEEDED the interaction of other adults and not drug my feet about finding them.
My facebook is full of people complaining about how 2012 was an awful year and how they can't wait to see it go. I am a glass half full kinda person. I can't help but be optimistic. Here is a run down of my 2012....
- The divorce I thought would never end finally ended. (a year and a half for an uncontested divorce with no kids.....hello!!! can u say CRAZY?!?
- We finally got Em diagnosed and her reading has improved steadily since....she even did math in her head today to figure out how much money she had left on gift cards.
- Both girls are healthy
- Abbey had fun being the only 7th grader in marching band.
- I got my dream job and enjoy going to work every day.
- My little blog has readers, who put up with my vanishing at times.
- Greg and I had a horrible rough patch and didn't fall apart. That isn't usually the case with me and relationships.
Here's hoping that your New Years is as AMAZING as this guys is going to be.